Saturday, November 26, 2011

Card Making with Design Team Member Amanda Sherman

PhotobucketHi!  I’m Amanda, one of the Design Team members.  Sometimes I think there are funny twists in life.  I started scrapbooking after some failed attempts at card making. 

However, once I had a photo and story in hand to tell, the world of paper to me was completely changed and I embraced it and am now a full fledged addict.  (Yes, I’ll admit it, but I’m certainly not changing it!)

Well, now I find it ironic because I’ve struggled with cards after I took up scrapbooking.  Wait, maybe I never actually grasped cards in the first place.  At any rate, I’ve found there is a whole new world of paper products out there that make cards a bit easier. 

You see, they are 6x6 paper stacks.  Yes, really!!  I know, you’ve probably seen them at least a dozen times at Craft Warehouse.  I stayed away from them for a long time because the pattern scaled to 25% of the 12x12 size never did much for me.  Until I realized two things.  First, I can make a card out of a sheet of paper and not feel guilty for cutting a new 12x12 sheet.  Secondly, the print scale really is much better for cards.  AND if you want to make 6x6 cards (additional postage required), the hard part is done for you!!

Recently I embraced this whole thought process as I set out to make a card for my Mother in Law.  I kept the sentiment simple (well, non-existent) because I wanted it to be completely visual yumminess.  And not really knowing how the end result was going to be when I stared, I ended up having this divine card that I must say is one of my very favorite cards I’ve ever made.

lovejoypaper card
01

For the handmade embellishment, layer two pieces of tissue paper over matching cardstock.  Die cut the layers together.  Then hand stitch & spray with a Glimmer Mist for the final touch!  It makes the tissue crinkle and adds shimmer at the same time.  A definite handmade touch.

Supplies:  My Minds Eye Lost & Found Two (paper & trims), Glimmer Mist, misc (floss & button), brown ink

4 comments:

  1. Love the layered, die cut, stitched, and glimmer misted butterfly idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've told you before but you do simple elegance so well! Another stunning project, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this simply beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips