Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Charming Layout by Design Team Member Amanda Sherman


Hi, I’m Design Team member Amanda.  Today, I thought we should talk about something we all have.  Fears.  Yup.   Common fears are death, spiders, snakes, heights, water.  Those aren’t mine (oh, well, snakes & water are).  But back to scrapbooking.  What do fears have to do with scrapbooking?  A lot actually.  We all have fears in regards to our wonderful hobby. Want to know mine?

Yellow. I’m afraid of yellow. I’ll admit it. But this Fall I bought a few sheets of beautiful Authentique papers in yellow. What was I thinking? And they sat taunting me in the front of my paper files. Everytime I opened the drawer, they said to me “you’re afraid of us..ha ha ha ha.” Wait, you mean, talking paper isn’t normal? Well, then forget I said that.
Now fast forward to last night.  I was determined to get a page done.  I pulled out a couple photos I wanted to use and set to work. Then I opened the paper drawer to pull paper and again those yellow papers started to taunt me “you’re afraid of uh……………………..” But before they could finish their little taunt, I snatched them out and decided I was going to put an end to that. No more unruly papers in my stash.

I set to work, and an hour and a half later, I’m extremely happy. I don’t normally spend that much time on a LO because, well, I’m not very patient. However, if I’m always that happy, I’m going to start spending that much time!





Supplies:  Authentique, Martha Stewart punch & scoring board, Bazzill stitching templates,  Misc buttons, floss, letter dies & My Little Shoebox alphas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips