Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Using Multiple Stamps on Scrapbook Page by Design Team Member Cara Goedeking

Design Team Member, Cara Goedeking, started paper crafting about 14 years ago using stamps. Now, a scrapbooker, she shares with us how to use multiple stamps on a scrapbook page...

For this layout I decided I really wanted to use some of my stamps! I inherited a huge amount of acrylic stamps from my husband's mom and I myself have a large supply of stamps that I think are adorable but don't use much (especially on my layouts). I really want to put all of these awesome stamps to good use. My goal is to start trying to incorporate them more into both my scrapbooking and card-making.

I decided to try doing some creative layering with different patterned paper to "color in" my stamped images.


With the owl, for example, I stamped the image four times....once on the yellow patterned paper, once on the orange, once on the red, and once on white. Then I cut out the pieces from the paper I wanted to use and glued them all together.


I did the same thing with the larger flower. I also stamped the tree branch, the separate leaves, the smaller flower, the "Whoo Loves Ya?" saying and used alpha stamps for the title.


 Brown polka dot patterned paper (Imaginisce), Blue polka dot patterned paper (My Mind's Eye), Yellow patterned paper (Bella Blvd), Multi-striped paper (Echo Park), Clouds (fussy cut from Echo Park paper), Orange patterned paper (Crate Paper), Red paper (Unknown), Other patterned paper (October Afternoon), Owl, "Whoo Loves Ya?" and branch stamps (Sandylion), Flower stamps (Sandylion), Leaf stamp (Hampton Art), Alphabet stamps (Autumn Leaves), Border punch (EK Success), Circle punch, Corner rounder, buttons, twine, foam tape


I really enjoyed using a variety of stamps on this layout and am excited to get back to stamping!

So, I CHALLENGE you to try and use some stamping on your next layout! When you have, visit our Facebook page and upload a picture. I would love to see how you were inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips