Thursday, June 28, 2012

Guest Designer Disney Powless


Welcome Guest Designer Disney Powless from Ruffles and Stuff. Disney is a talented crafter and blogger. She can sew, do home decor, craft, paint, ummmm... ok, really, what can she not do?

How long have you been crafting?

My mom taught me to sew when I was 5 or 6. She is a very creative woman and definitely passed that on to me and my siblings. We used to go to a family friend's house and make quilts to send to hospitals. She was a sassy older woman with a craft room that took up half of the second floor in her house. We'd laugh and sew for hours. That room is where I fell in love with sewing.

What inspires you to be creative? 

To be honest, a lot of the time my inspiration comes from wanting things I cannot afford. Instead of buying expensive things I like, I find ways to make them myself.

What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use?

I love all of the unique stamps and the endless scrapbooking supplies. They also carry some of my favorite fabric designers that I can't find in some other stores, which is wonderful.

Many people don't think of themselves as creative. But creativity is just looking at things differently! It's like a muscle that gets stronger the more you use it. Practice looking at things in different ways instead of just taking them at face value. And of course, if you don't know where to start, craft stores(like Craft Warehouse!) have great kits and ideas to get you on the right path.

Make sure you check out our blog tomorrow with Disney's guest designer tutorial!

Think you have what it takes to be a guest designer for Craft Warehouse? Click here to see how to apply for our Designer Spotlight column.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips