Friday, July 6, 2012

Sweet Dreams Pillowcase by Guest Designer Jenifer Cowles


I was am so excited to be a Guest Designer here at Craft Warehouse.  I have a soft spot for Craft Warehouse since they are the first ones to give me a chance as a designer.  I have been on the Design Team twice and have moved on to other wonderful opportunities and Design Teams.


For my project I wanted to do some sewing and so I received the cutest fabrics from Moda, the Vintage Modern Collection.  I decided to make a simple, but cute pillowcase for my Daughter.
Supplies:

1 yard of solid for back and end of pillowcase
4-5 fat quarters for your quilted part of the pillowcase
Embroidery Floss (Optional)
Trim of your choice

Step 1:  Cut out 30 4 1/2" squares.
Step 2:  Sew 5 rows of 6 squares.
Step 3:  Press
Step 4:  Sew your rows together.
Step 5:  Press.
Step 6:  Quilt as desired.

Step 7:  Cut from your solid piece, a piece 20x12 and sew 1 end to the top.
Step 8:  Embroider "Sweet Dreams" or other saying (optional)


Step 9:  After Embroidering fold your solid piece in half and sew it down leaving a nice top stitch on the outside of your pillowcase.
Step 10:  Take the solid piece 20x32 and on one of the longer sides sew a 2" hem leaving you with a piece that is 20x30  and with right sides together sew along the bottom and both long sides.
Step 11:  Turn right side out.


Step 12:  Add Trims. I added the Lace around the edge and I also added some ribbons to tie the pillowcase shut.

Stuff with your favorite pillow and put on your bed and admire.


I hope you have enjoyed my easy project today.  I would love to see what your working on leave me a link in the comments and I will check it out.

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo cute! My daughter has been begging that we do a sewing project together this summer. This looks like it could be the perfect thing for us! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips