Thursday, December 6, 2012

Guest Designer Holly Gagnon


Today I have the pleasure of introducing Holly Gagnon, this week's guest designer. We love the unique ways she uses paper! She loves thinking outside the box! She is always using paper as a way to make her home decorative and welcoming.  We can all learn a tip or two from Holly.



 How long have you been crafting?

I've always been a crafty person but it wasn't until after my son was born, 8 years ago that I learned how to scrapbook. I absolutely fell in love with scrapbooking back then! I'd take photos of my son, print them off and scrap them pages! I could proudly say back then that I was totally caught up scrapping every little moment in my son's life.

Unfortunately, since my crafting skills have grown and flourished my scrapbooking has declined. Like seriously declined! My son is 8 now and he'll ask me "Mom, why are none of my birthday parties since I turned 5 scrapbooked in my birthday album?” I have a 5 year old daughter too, let's just say she's lucky she even has a baby book scrapped never mind a birthday book.

My crafting passion has turned more into making 3D projects, cards, home decor and decorations. Like all of us avid crafters, our styles change and grow, we learn more techniques and of course there are a lot more great products out there to play with.



What inspires you to be creative?

I've only had my blog, Ribbons & Glue for little over a year now so of course I get a lot of inspiration following other amazing blogs out there. I actively participate in craft blog challenges and link up parties which encourages me to try something different. When I make layouts, I look at the colors and shapes in the photos for inspiration. When I make cards, I might be inspired by a stamped sentiment. I like to keep a notebook with my doodles and ideas to for future inspirational needs.

I love when I can visualize something in my head and I can make it come to life in paper. I never get sick of that feeling like.. Hey-I made that!




How can you encourage others reading this column?

Try looking at things in a different perspective. Like, what else can I turn this into? I'm in love with dollar bin finds and I always keep a variety of empty containers, coffee cans, jars and small boxes handy just waiting for a up-cycled moment. I’ve learned that most crafting mistakes can turn into surprises so don’t give up and throw it away. Give it some time, maybe when you look at it again in a few days something can be done with it.

You can follow Holly and see more of her beautiful paper crafts at her blog, Facebook, and at Keep Memories Together on Etsy. Come back tomorrow to see Holly's Hoilday Paper Cone Wreath tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips