Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lawn Fawn & Doodle Bug Christmas Cards by Guest Designer Carisa Zglobicki

Hi Craft Warehouse fans!
Carisa here and I'm thrilled to be back with my 2nd guest design post using Distress Markers! I actually squealed a little bit when I opened my package to find the adorable Making Frosty Friends stamp set by Lawn Fawn. I just ADORE snowman - all shapes and sizes! Anytime it snows, I'm begging to make a snowman in our front yard except it rarely happens that we get the "right" kind of snow to do so! LOL


Anyhow, I got out some watercolor paper and stamped the snowman with Archival Ink in black. Anytime you begin watercoloring, make sure you use a permanent waterproof ink like Archival or Staz-on. Then I just lightly went around one side of the snowman with Tumbled Glass Distress Marker and blended it out slightly with my water brush. Using a light blue is a great way to add just a little bit of dimension anytime you are coloring "white". Easy Peasy! These holiday cards are so quick and simple to put together yet your family & friends will think you took a long time since they are so cute.


On this card, I LOVED the Doodlebug Design Inc. North Pole 6x6 paper pad so much that I couldn't decide which papers to use so I didn't! I created a strip of paper with lots of little strips from the paper pad that I cut in a variety of widths and glued onto a piece of scrap paper then when I was happy I adhered it all as one piece to my cardstock. I stamped the snowflakes from the stamp set in VersaMark ink just for an added touch behind the snowmen. This is a great idea to use up scraps from your favorite collections as well.


Here is a close up of my image panel. I glued my larger snowman directly to my cardstock and then popped up the smaller one with some dimensionals. Again, how cute is this paper as I just HAD to paper piece some ear muffs and a scarf!


On my 2nd card, I again stamped the background with the small snowflakes and heart from the stamp set in VersaMark. This a great way to add extra texture to cards that you don't want to be too bulky for mailing. I just added a strip of the coordinating paper on the bottom. I LOVE this doodle twine by Doodlebug Designs Inc as you can see I used it on both my cards. You get 60 yards in the package in different colors that match the North Pole collection. LOVE it! For my sentiment panel, I went around the edge in Barn Door Distress Marker and then took my waterbrush and made it really wet to have it bleed in like water drips.


I colored my snowman on watercolor paper and cut to adhere to the card. Then I stamped the cute little birds twice on different pattern papers from the North Pole paper pad, pieced them together and popped them up where I had already stamped on the card.I also added some Doodlebug Design Inc pearls in the Christmas assortment as the snowman's buttons.

Thank you again, Craft Warehouse, for asking me back to guest design! I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

As always, happy coloring!!!

Supplies:

Distress Markers Tumbled Glass, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade
Doodlebug Design Inc. Jewels & Pearls
fdgf
Doodlebug Design Inc. Doodle Twine
Doodlebug Design Inc. North Pole 6x6 paper pad
Lawn Fawn Making Frosty Friends stamp set

Watercolor Paper
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Archival Ink Black
Helmar Craft Glue
Helmar Zap Dots
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots
PTI Kraft Cardstock
VersaMark Ink
Fiskars Apron Punch
We R Memory Makers Corner Chomper


2 comments:

  1. These turned out super cute! Love Lawn Fawn and Doodlebug and they look adorable together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips