Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine's Day Party!




Next week is Valentine's Day! All week we are going to share with you Valentine Inspiration! Whether you are creating something special for a loved one, your kids, a teacher, or even for yourself there will be plenty of creative inspiration to help you along!

I think the best part about this holiday is just letting someone know you care. I had a blast creating these sweet Valentine's Day party supplies! They are simple enough, even your kids could help! How fun would it be for them to bring these cuties to their classroom party or for their teacher?!


For the above collection, I used American Crafts XOXO Paper Collection, which by the way is SO much fun!

For the pop bottle: I measured the label and cut paper to fit around the bottle. Using regular scrapbooking adhesive, I glued it to the bottle covering the label perfectly! Then, I just punched a hole in the pre-made XOXO tag and tied ribbon to the top. After stamping the "cutie pie" from the Lawn Fawn stamp set (shown below) onto another XOXO die cut, I glued it to a lollipop stick and slipped it into the ribbon's bow. Then, I added another die cut to the tag to prop up the stick by adding a foam square to the back of it.

Valentine's Day Card: Using a pre-made white card, I glued cardstock to the front leaving a white border around the edge. Then, I cut patterned paper to fit over the cardstock leaving a nice edge around again. I measured some American Crafts' twine to fit across the card diagonally and glued it down with liquid adhesive along with a mini clothes pin. Then, I added a XOXO sticker right under the clothes pin.

Valentine's Day Treat: To make these cute treat containers, cut a piece of paper to 6x6. Fold the paper into a tube and glue edges together. Staple one end closed. Place candy inside. Then, close the other end in the opposite direction so that you create a "take out sour cream" container.

I then punched a scalloped circle and stamped in the middle. Don't forget to add a sweet bow to the front too! 


Valentine's Day Socks: Purchase a pair of socks. I got a three pack for $3 at Walmart. Then measure around the sock and cut your paper to size. Use regular scrapbooking adhesive to adhere the paper around the pair of socks like a band. I then punched a scalloped circle and stamped the sentiment on to it. Afterwards, I stamped on patterned paper and fuzzy cut the socks out. I glued one sock down and the other I popped up with a foam square. I added more ribbon to the bottom and now it is ready to give away! My son made two for both his teachers! Easy, fun, and affordable!

Stay tuned in this week for more inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips