Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Family Nest


Happy Easter! All week we are celebrating by inspiring you with fun, simple, and creative holiday projects! This project is from our creative vault that we knew you would love to see again

This desktop display is a perfect Easter gift or Spring decor! It is an easy project that will wow the person you give it to



 
 


I started out with a simple 8x8 pine box and painted it black with acyclic paint. Then, I took sand paper and distressed the edges.



I love these curio knobs! I'm putting them on everything.






To make the "our" pendant. I cut 6 pendants and then sewed them together so that the fabric is double sided. (You could also purchase a Canvas Corp Mini Burlap Banner found in the scrapbooking department). 

Then, I stenciled on the letters using Tim Holtz Distressed Ink and I also distressed the pendents.

Next I spray painted the mini clothespins in black. Using jute twine and tacks I tacked up the pendant. Brads were placed in each corner of the photo and glued into the box. On this side of the box I cut a piece of burlap 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" when I used Mr. Huey's Mist to give it the bright blue color.

After the burlap dried I added 4 black brads to each corner and glue it into the box using E6000 glue. I used Thickers stickers to spell out "nest" and glued my nest in with E6000.



Now you have it a home for your treasured photo!


1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips