Monday, March 18, 2013

Guest Designer Andrea Ancich



Welcome back Craft Warehouse Scrapbooking Design Team Alumni, Andrea Ancich, as this month's Guest Designer! We love Andrea's fun personality that definitely comes out in her scrapbooking! She loves to put bold patterns along with some of her favorite embellishments - like washi tape!

How long have you been crafting?

I started crafting when I was freshman/sophomore in high school when my mom taught me how to sew. I’ve been scrapbooking since 1996 when my high school boys basketball team made it to the state tournament. I then  attended a home scrapbooking party. I loved being able to put all my pictures down and add stickers, etc. But that was NOT enough for me. I soon found craft stores and was hooked. And have been ever since. I still create projects with fabric and paper; sometimes incorporating both together.


What inspires you to be creative?

I get inspiration from absolutely everywhere. I love looking at my pictures, scrapbooking/creative magazines, getting new product (always a favorite), Facebook, and of course, Pinterest.

I have an inspiration book so that when I lose my mojo, I can flip open the book and find inspiration from there. It has pictures of layouts, cards or sewn projects that I like because of the colors, the details, or flat out just the idea itself: lifting it straight up. I always am sure to give credit though if I post it on my blog or any social media location as to wear I got the inspiration.


What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use?

I love that Craft Warehouse gets in the latest and greatest for scrapbooking stuff. I don’t have to buy online I can head there and know they are going to have fun stuff to play with. Their fabric section is to die for as well. Love me some Moda fabric! Since I live where a Craft Warehouse isn’t super close, I make sure to have a stop at Craft Warehouse so I can shop shop shop when I’m traveling.

How can you encourage others reading this column?

Everyone once in a while (as I stated earlier), it’s hard for me to get my mojo flying. This column is a great place to find motivation, or mojo to get your creative juices flowing. If you haven’t tried scraplifting someone or picking details off their layout or project that you like to make a page or project, go ahead and give it a try!


Check out Andrea on her blog, Just Me Today and at her challenge blog The Bossy Scrapper where she helps inspire your next scrapbooking layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips