Saturday, May 4, 2013

National Scrapbook Month Guest Designer Amber Daigre



We are honored to have Amber Daigre from Damask Love as our guest! Amber's classic designs and fun personality is always a breath of fresh air! Plus, her motto is "I sweat glitter" and anyone who can sweat glitter is welcome at Craft Warehouse!

How long have you been crafting?

I'm not completely sure about the official start date, but I began crafting in late 2010. My husband needed a card for his friend's wedding and I had a cabinet full of old scrapbooking supplies. I came up with something handmade (although, I'm sure it was not that great to look at!) Soon after that project, I began researching card-making techniques...and I was HOOKED! I discovered the world of stamps, cardstock, and ink. I no longer have a cabinet full of crafting supplies - now I have a room full of them and I enjoy as much time as I possibly can creating with paper!


Handmade Envelopes created by Amber Daigre using the WeRMemory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, NOW in stores!

What keeps you motivated to document your life?

I'm not gonna lie. I do a TERRIBLE job of documenting my life. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I have a box of graduation paraphernalia from 8th GRADE that is still waiting to find it's way into a scrapbook. Since I mostly make cards, I always manage to avoid scrapbooking. I look up to avid scrapbookers who do such a wonderful job at documenting daily life. I need someone to lock me in a room and refuse to let me out until I've completed at least a few layouts! I will give myself a teensy bit of credit though. From time to time, I will create cute little photo collages that I hang around the house with simple tags or labels that identify the event in the photos. Little projects like this keep our home "ours" and add important pieces of personality throughout.

What do you use the most to take photos with?

Point and shoot, Digital SLR, or your Phone Camera?
 I am in a committed relationship...with my Canon Rebel T3. I love him so much. Yes...it's a him. I saved up for months to purchase him and I am so glad I did. I use my DLSR every single day. Since I maintain my blog, it's a necessity that I have a camera available at all times for beauty shots as well as step-out photos for tutorials. Since I primarily use my camera to photograph small projects, I generally stick to using my 50mm and 60mm macro lenses. Together they do the job perfectly. When I am out and about, I usually grab the 50mm since it is also a great portrait lens. If you're interested in more details on how I use my camera for blogging, you can check out a series that I did called "The Non-Photographer's Guide to Taking Blog Photos" - it's a fun and easy walk through how I photograph from beginning to end.

What is on your craft table right now?

So, you're gonna love this one. By the time this post goes live, I'll be back in the states, but as I type this  I am in London and I've been away from home for about a week. Before I left, I cleaned up the craftroom - because no one wants to come home to a messy craft room, right? In addition to leaving a clean workspace, I also laid out a project for myself to come home to! For me, being away from home is a huge creativity suck. After a week away from home, It's really difficult to get back into the swing of creativity. To help myself through this - I usually lay out materials for a project. This way, I can sit right down and get to work without having to think about it! Before leaving on this particular trip, I laid out some supplies from Martha Stewart Crafts. I recently got her Self-Ink Stamp system and I can't wait to break it out. I have it sitting on my desk waiting to be used ...and I already have the perfect project in mind!

What do you do to celebrate National Scrapbook Day?

To be honest, I think I treat everyday like National Scrapbook Day! I try to do something creative each day! This helps me keep my creative wheels spinning and definitely helps me stay sane! Maybe, just maybe ...on this upcoming National Scrapbooking Day, I'll break out all that memorabilia from 8th grade and get it into a scrapbook!!

Watch this video Amber created to show you the step by step process for making the envelopes pictured above! 


Join us TODAY in our stores and online at Facebook and Instagram for our National Scrapbook Day events!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips