Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Project Life Cinnamon Mini Album by Elizabeth Wiederspohn


Hi, my name is Elizabeth Wiederspohn and I am back again to show you the mini album I made with the Project Life Cinnamon Core Kit.  I'm having a lot of fun with this kit and if you would like more ideas on what you can do with the Project Life Cinnamon Kit, check out my earlier post on the Craft Warehouse blog


I have never worked with a Project Life mini album before and I have to say I was very impressed.  The quality of the album and the strength of the pages inspired me to take this album a little beyond the normal and I am excited to show you how.



Supplies Used:

Project Life Cinnamon Core Kit
Project Life Cinnamon Mini Album
Darice Sequins
Fancy Pants Chalk Tape 1"
Fancy Pants Chalk Tape 1/2"
Fancy Pants Cork Shapes Arrows
Ribbon
Tombo Adhesive
ATG Scotch Adhesive

The Altered Album

I knew when I started this project that I would not have enough photos to fill the album.  This album is mini but it has twenty pages that will hold 160 Project Life Cards and photos.  Amazing right?  I would have never guessed.  It looks small but boy does it hold photos. 

With an album like this one you can do one of two things if you don't have enough photos.  You can leave the pages in or you can cut them out. I decided to have a little fun cutting the pages out of this album.  Instead of cutting out full pages, I cut out 2/3 of a page or half a page at a time.  I made sure to leave enough room around the pocket seams to make sure they would not split.  The altering made the album fun and I enjoyed the result.  I also sewed a couple of pages to add spaces that were not there before and make see thru pockets for my memorabilia. 


I also added large photos and ran the photos across pockets.  I take a lot of vertical shots and running a vertical photo down across two 3x4 spots added a look to my album that I loved. 


Another thing I loved about this album was the ability to tell many, many stories.  I was able to tell 14 different stores through the book and if I had more I would have had plenty of room to tell more.  From the traveling there to traveling home, it's all there.  That's what is fun about Project Life.  You get to tell ALL your stories. 

Video:

To show you how I altered the album and for a full walk through of the album, watch the video I posted below.  As with all my videos, it moves fast, so be prepared and have fun! 

Craft Warehouse: Project Life Altered Mini Album 




Feel free to visit my blog for more projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips