Thursday, February 27, 2014

Craft Warehouse Project Life Design Team Member Jennie McGarvey


Craft Warehouse Project Life Design Team Member Jennie McGarvey stood out to us right away with her laid back approach to documenting. She isn't afraid to tell her story, use her hand writing, photograph her everyday, and keep her process simple along the way! We asked her to share with us how she is inspired to keep doing what she loves...





 How long have you been crafting?

I started scrapbooking the way that we do now in 2001, when I was pregnant with my oldest son.  I made a few albums, including my wedding album.  However, I have scrapbooks going back to when I was 12!



What inspires you to be creative?

I am truly inspired by the stories.  I love these moments my family shares and I really want to document them, hence my love for scrapbooking.  Scrapbooking allows me to be creative (and meet lots of great folks) but also lets me get these stories told and I love that!



What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use?

I really love using the Becky Higgins core kits.  I think that they are the perfect way to tell our stories in a beautiful and concise way.



How can you encourage others reading this column?

I think that the most important part of memory-keeping or scrapbooking is to make it your own.  Do what feels most natural to you.  If you try and do something the way other people tell you to, you're less likely to keep up with it, simply because it doesn't feel authentic.  I know I don't set any rules for myself, I let it just come as it will -- and I'm always eager to tell our stories!


Join Jennie again tomorrow, as she shares some tips and tricks using the new Becky Higgins Coral Core Project Life Kit available at Craft Warehouse stores! You can also follow her on her blog and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips