Thursday, October 9, 2014

Craft Warehouse Design Team Member Danika Hunt







Welcome to another Designer Spotlight, where we feature a local Pacific Northwest artist on our blog! Danika Hunt is a creative paper crafter who loves thinking outside the box with her projects! Danika was one of our most outstanding employees at our Salem Craft Warehouse and we are so thankful she applied to our design team! We not only love Danika's style but love how much she knows about our product! Anytime a customer came into our paper crafting department, she was able to help them with any project they wanted to make!
 
 
How long have you been crafting? 
 
My Mom and Grandma have always been crafters and my dad is an artist. My mom  worked for a local rubber stamp company handmaking stamps and doing home parties, and I have fond memories of many a holiday craft bazaar growing up. My mom and I have similar visual and spatial styles so we have often collaborated on projects. 
 
 
 What inspires you to be creative? 
 
I'm inspired to be creative when I see something I would like to own, but know I could make myself. I see it as a problem to solve, and often try to do so without instructions. It brings a feeling of accomplishment when I can create something based only off of a picture, or when I can improve the design on my own.
 
  
What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use? 
 
The Big Shot by Sizzix is my best friend for papercrafting. I love the Lawn Fawn alphabet stamps which are great for personalization, as well as their stamp and die sets. Alene's Quick Grab Tacky Glue is my absolute favorite glue in the whole wide world. My favorite craft to do with friends of all ages is making jewelry with Shrink Plastic and a heat gun. It's so fun to watch your design shrink, and everyone can create jewelry in their own personal style.
 
 
How can you encourage others reading this column?
 
I've always wanted to de-construct popular Pinterest posts. Customers come in all the time with a picture from something on Pinterest, or even just a description (so it helps that I'm very familiar with the site!). Some of the things people ask about often either don't work as well in real life as Pinterest says, or are so complicated it's not worth their time, especially if they aren't seasoned crafters. I love encouraging someone with simpler steps to help make the project easier.

Make sure to come back tomorrow as Danika shares her special Halloween paper crafting project! You will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips