Friday, November 7, 2014

Craft Warehouse Design Team Member Michelle Philippi


Local Northwest paper artist Michelle Philippi has always been a part of the Craft Warehouse "social media" scene. We love her enthusiasm on Instagram, her obsession with Mod Podge, and her love for our store! Here is what she says inspires her as a crafter...

How long have you been crafting?

I got in to papercrafting about 5 years ago.  I had a friend in Canada who had a blog and would post her cards and I thought “I can do that!”  So I dove in head first.  My early cards were not great.  It took me a while to figure out my personal style, but when I did, I felt so good, and happy creating cards, and then moving on to tags and other fun papercrafted things.



What inspires you to be creative?

Getting crafty is like therapy for me.  It’s my own personal time.  I’m a working mom, with a husband and 2 littles, and there’s always so much going on.  But when I have that quiet time when the kids are outside playing, I love sitting at my craft table and making special things for birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions.

 



What Craft Warehouse products do you love to use?

I get my liquid adhesive – Tombow Mono Multi (the green and white bottle) at Craft Warehouse (can’t live without it – LOL), and My Mind’s Eye papers and embellishments.  This is what I go there for often.  But somehow, when I leave, I have more than one bag?  LOL!  I often pick up things for kids crafting – like wooden or foam shapes.  I’m starting to get more in to mixed media and I only have ever had a white and a cream craft paint on my craft table but today actually I’m heading down to Craft Warehouse to get some of those Americana Décor chalk paints.  The ad said they have 29 colors; say what?!
 
How can you encourage others reading this column?


You know, Hazel & Ruby have a great tagline:  live handmade.  That really speaks to me.  Whether you can fruits and put fabric on top of the jar and tie it off with some jute, or you sew and make fun coin purses, or you’re a painter and you make beautiful canvases, living and giving handmade is so so so special.  We are so busy these days and I think taking that time and thought to give something extra special and personal to someone is a beautiful thing.  And giving handmade doesn’t have to cost a million dollars, and it doesn’t have to take a lot of time – and that’s sort of how I roll....fast and cheap – ha ha.

Come on back and join Michelle as she shows off Authentique Paper's Three Christmases in One paper pad exclusive to Craft Warehouse stores only at noon today! In the meantime, visit her on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and her blog to find more inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips